Yes! Summer is here dear readers and since Barcelona is celebrating “The Rooftop Week”, what can be a better plan than drinking a cocktail while enjoying the best views of the city?
We know that sounds delicious, so Not Just Fashion has developed a ranking of the 10 trendy cocktails to celebrate the arrival of summer as you deserve. Pay attention and take note!
- MOJITO. Originated in Cuba, this cocktail has become the king of the summer. With its flavored rum, lime and mint, it is our best ally to survive the heat. And for freshness, there is nothing better than a Mojito.
- LONG ISLAND. It’s a drink with the same name as its place of origin: Long Island. Apparently, it seems like the harmless iced tea that we would drink a sip of during the warmest days of summer. But be careful! It is the one that contains more the largest blending of spirits: rum, tequila, triple sec, vodka and gin. So next time you see an Iced Nestea, pay attention and try just a little bit just in case.
- MARGARITA. Don’t be fooled by its namesake and think that’s soft like a delicate flower. This is a real Mexican cocktail with a bomb of tequila, triple sec and lemon juice.
- SEX ON THE BEACH. From Miami comes a cocktail with the most provocative name. Do not rely on the bright and striking red color, because its high content of vodka can be dangerous!
- DAIQUIRI. Again, the Cubans bring us another alcoholic beverage to make us happy during the summer nights. Like Mojito, this cocktail is composed of rhum, juices, sugar and ice. A suggestion? Try the strawberry daiquiri!
- MARTINI. “Shaken, not stirred” is the mythical phrase of our favorite agent James Bond to order this cocktail. It was him who made this New Yorker drink famous worldwide. Gin, dry vermouth and a distinctive touch: the olive in a triangular cup.
- BLUE LAGOON. We traveled to Australia to know the origin of this drink. Its name comes from its resemblance in color with the blue lake located in Iceland. Both present a very attractive turquoise color resembling paradise. But do not be fooled by the calm and serenity that it shows, because it is a combination of vodka, blue tropic, sprite, lemon and ice.
- COCO LOCO. We know that make us “loco”! Because we love its taste and presentation. Its preparation is very simple. You only need rhum and a coconut. It doesn’t even need a glass because its shell is used as container and its water, milk and pulp as a raw material to produce it. Thank you Mexico for giving us this tropical experience!
- COSMOPOLITAN. Do you remember who is the real star of “Sex and the City”? Sarah Jessica Parker? No, it is the cosmopolitan! This cocktail is the favorite of its main characters and is featured in so many scenes that it can be considered the main character of the famous serie. It was originated in New York and includes vodka, Cointreau, lemon and blueberries to make you feel a whole celebrity in the Big Apple.
- PIÑA COLADA. Finally, from Puerto Rico comes this drink with rhum, pineapple and coconut to surprise and refresh everyone. If you are a fan of tropical fruits this cocktail will make you crazy.
Lastly, we dare you to be your own barman! So below you’ll find the recipe to make a tasty Piña Colada along with a funny video made with love (alcohol) from the Not Just Fashion Magazine team. We hope you like it!
- White rhum, 1/2 liter
- Coconut milk, 350 ml
- Pineapple juice, 1/2 liter
- Crushed ice (to taste)
- Milk (a dash)
- Sugar (to taste)